Monday, September 29, 2014

Facebook Privacy

Image taken from Google Images.
It is surprising that you think your information is private on Facebook, but if you don’t set the privacy setting a lot of people can get your information. Parents who don’t make sure their kid’s privacy settings are turned on, are just setting their kids up to get some crazy person trying to do something bad to them. But, now that I sit here, I think that some parents don’t know how to get around on the computer or some of these websites. The information age is way over the heads of many parents. 

I have never thought about Facebook professionally in the past, but I will make sure my Facebook page stays on the professional side. I went out there after class the other day and took a look at some of the things my friends and family are putting out there and it’s time to block some of the people I don’t need to know. If the companies go out there and see the things your friends and family are doing or talking about, you may lose a job or big contract with a company because of the dumb things they do.

The changes I will make on Facebook are the people who I’m friends with, but it’s the family members I need to block more than the friends. The family are the ones who are doing and saying the dumbest things on Facebook. Sometimes you just want to have their heads x-rayed to see if there is something in there. But, that would cost too much money, so I can always block them right?

No comments:

Post a Comment